Why is ASHRAE 110 Testing Important?
ASHRAE 110 is important to you because your fume hood’s performance is validated in a dynamic environment. The environmental conditions after installation could be significantly different then when initially tested. Fume hood performance can be affected by several factors within the lab such as:
- Supply and Exhaust Air Patterns
- Temperature Fluctuations
- Lab Pressures
What is ASHRAE 110 Testing?
The ASHRAE 110 performance test specifies the minimum acceptable level of containment for a fume hood when a specific flow rate of a detectable gas is released into an operating hood. The performance test includes:
- Face Velocity Measurement
- Local Visualization Test Using Smoke Tubes
- Large Volume Visualization Tests, Using Smoke Generator
- Static Tracer Gas Test
- Dynamic Tracer Gas Test for VAV Systems
- Verification of Monitor Operation